So, today it’s Friday and as I look back and reflect on my last week the one thing that really sticks out to me was Oscar Night! Who doesn’t like the Oscars? Ok, I’m sure those people are out there, but this post is not for them. I don’t know why exactly, but every year I look forward to the award shows. Next year, I’m thinking we’ll have an Oscars party where everyone gets dressed up and I’ll serve Junior Mints and Red Vines, while sipping champagne. See what I did there, Jimmy Kimmel?
Anyways, as I watched, I had a few thoughts cross my mind and I’m curious what you think.
- I LOVE the gowns and all the jewelry! What would it be like to wear such beautifully designed and crafted dresses? I tend to like the classic looks. What do you prefer? Here are a few of my favorites…[Thanks to Getty Images]
- I just couldn’t stop thinking of Taylor Swift. Yeah, you heard me. Taylor Swift. A while back she commented on how she always wanted to go to the award shows and then once she was able to attend, she just didn’t understand all the hype! Especially since it is a little slow and boring from the other end. SO that got me thinking, why do we like to watch these so much? Celebrities are just like us, but if you’re anything like me, they feel like friends (thank you Snapchat and InstaStories). Why are their lives so entertaining?
- I LOVED the fan bus of people coming into the theatre! What a fun surprise! I would have totally killed to be one of those people walking across the front row hugging Meryl Streep.
- Meryl Streep. She is amazing! I just don’t know if there will be another actress of her caliber. Well, that may be an overstatement but I just really love her. And, even though it’s not her most iconic role, and she has done films that require more, The Devil Wear’s Prada will always be my favorite. Shout out to Jennifer Weisburger for writing the book that started the ball rolling.
- My last thought was, of the people I know, did anyone actually watch Moonlight? I obviously need to see it since it won best film… or did it? Was it La La Land? No… Moonlight. Ok, sorry. I couldn’t help myself, but I am curious… those of you that watched both films, what is your vote? And, I would just like to say that it was a very unfortunate mistake, but everyone makes them… this one just happened to be on TV at a very prestigious event.
So those are my thoughts this fabulous Friday! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with all your friends and family!