Remember the Alamo…
This week for the first time I got to go see the Alamo! I am no history buff, actually it never really interested me, so it is safe to say that until yesterday, all I knew about the Alamo was the phrase “Remember the Alamo”. Apparently this is a big deal, especially in Texas. Of course I remember learning about it in school, but I have a terrible memory when it comes to most things. I tend to remember useless lyrics and random facts, verses things that actually matter. Anyways, I started asking Aaron why it was so important, and my Valedictorian husband explained that the Texans were actually defeated at the Alamo. Why did they want to remember it? And that’s when he said that they wanted to remember the mistakes, to take them and be inspired and motivated to not let that happen again.
That of course got me thinking about all the mistakes I have made. I try to forget about them. But maybe instead of forgetting mistakes, I need to remember them and be inspired by them. I need to take the lessons I have learned from the mistakes I have made and use them to propel me to a better me. So, whatever your “Alamo” is, I encourage you to look at it in a different light. Ask yourself, as I am, what can I do next time to not only avoid defeat, but to achieve a victory that you are proud of?
Of course I had all these thoughts and many more while we walked around San Antonio yesterday. We got to enjoy the riverwalk, which in my opinion, aside from Downtown McKinney, is one of the most charming areas of Texas. The European and Spanish influence are so beautiful! I am once again so grateful for the job I have that I get to experience so many different places.
My Week in a Nutshell
- A Date night with my hubby (at Zanata our fave) which ended in me buying a FitBit from Costco (another fave). I’m so happy and so motivated to get up and take breaks while I am working on my computer all day.
- My first PinStack experience! If you haven’t been it’s awesome! I went for a friend’s birthday… Emily of Petals Couture… and we just had way to much fun!
- Lots of work which I still love!
- Engagement session in Fort Worth.
- Humidity, Humidity, Humidity. I don’t know how y’all stand it? My whole self melts, my hair looses it’s umph, and it takes all of your energy… BUT the sun is out! I’ll take the humidity over those unending clouds any day.
- 2nd shooting. One of my favorite things to do is second shoot weddings. I get the creative, fun side of a wedding without the stress. Michele Shore is especially fun to work with!
- One of many more pool days!! Especially now that I have my pink flamingo floaty!
- Seeing San Marcos where Aaron went to Texas State. It’s fun to see where he lived and hung out since we didn’t know each other in college.
- We even ate at Spud Ranch… the biggest mashed potatoes you have ever seen!
- I saw the Alamo and we walked around the River Walk and enjoyed the largest margaritas I have ever seen!